About Southern Arizona Musicians Assistance
The Southern Arizona Musicians Assistance Fund is a core program of the Southern Arizona Blues Heritage Foundation.
Our goal is to maintain an ongoing source of funds through donations and fundraising to provide assistance to career musicians in need of emergency financial aid.
We are keenly aware of the unprecedented loss of income and job opportunities brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic. For the time being we will cap our financial assistance to $500.00 in order to support as many applicants as possible.
Preference will be given to blues artists.
- Must be a resident of Pima County, Arizona
- Must play professionally on stage on a local, regional or national level
- Has played on professional albums/CDs
Level of Support
Emergency financial assistance will be given up to $500.00 per year, depending on the availability of funds, to allow us to support as many applicants as possible.
Emergency financial assistance is provided to career musicians for medical and living expenses such as:
- financial aid for household utilities or other basic living expenses
- temporary home care services
- transportation services to and from doctor’s appointments, health and/or social services such as (but not limited to) dialysis, chemotherapy, radiation
- transport to and from grocery/pharmacy stores etc.
- doctor visits and procedures
- assistance with burial costs
This is not a comprehensive list. If you have a need please contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Southern Arizona Blues Heritage Foundation does not disburse funds directly to applicants. Checks are paid to the creditor of the costs incurred by the applicant. We do not pay credit card bills.
Tucson and Phoenix Fresh Produce
Market on the Move
$10 for up to 60lbs.
Produce On Wheels Without Waste
$12 for up to 70lbs.
A committee of select SABHF Board members has been established to review applications, approve financial aid, respond to inquiries and maintain records. All applications, inquiries and records are kept strictly confidential.